[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW14'19

sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 07:52:55 PDT 2019

Current Dev Position: YP 2.7 M4 (New feature Freeze has begun.)

Next Deadline: YP 2.7 M3 Release Target was Mar. 8, 2019

SWAT Team Rotation:

*	SWAT lead is currently: Ross
*	SWAT team rotation: Ross -> Amanda on Apr. 5, 2019
*	SWAT team rotation: Amanda -> Chen on Apr. 12, 2019
*	 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Next Team Meetings:

*	YP 2.8 Planning meeting Tuesday April 2nd at 8am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/990892712> https://zoom.us/j/990892712) or see the invite
on the mailing list at: (
<https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044654.html>
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044654.html)
*	Bug Triage meeting Thursday April 4th at 7:30am PDT (
<https://zoom.us/j/454367603> https://zoom.us/j/454367603)

Key Status/Updates:

*	The QA report for M3 rc1 is available. This is the first time we've
used the new QA process so we're still understanding how the new format for
the data works out. There are some issues but right now we believe we'll aim
to fix these before the final release build and proceed to that with the
first build of M4 aiming for next week.
*	The YP 2.7 M3 rc1 report is summarized at
<https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044667.html>
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2019-April/044667.html and
the results are at
<https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-2.7_M3.rc1/testresults/>
https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/releases/yocto-2.7_M3.rc1/testresults/.
*	2.5.3 and 2.6.2 stable releases were built and submitted to QA last
week.
*	The "warrior" branches for 2.7 have been created and the metadata
updated. This will have a ripple effect across the layers as they update to
match this. This process is important as it allows layers to indicate which
versions of the project they are compatible with.
*	The 2.8 planning discussions are starting and there is a google doc
summarising the discussions so far:
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJ
GXbU/>
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CNEKA4d0eT6-e0hnS2pwi7xdZ5_t6smpZO2HbaJG
XbU/

If people are planning to work on specific things in 2.8 please let us know
so we can incorporate this into our plans. If you're interested in working
on anything in the document, please also let us know or talk with us in one
of the planning meetings.

Planned Releases for YP 2.7:

*	YP 2.7 M4 Cutoff is Apr. 1, 2019
*	YP 2.7 M4 Release Target is Apr. 26, 2019

Planned upcoming dot releases:

*	YP 2.5.3 (Sumo) is in QA.
*	YP 2.6.2 (Thud) is in QA.

Tracking Metrics:

*	WDD 2442 (last week 2418) (
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)
*	Poky Patch Metrics

*	Total patches found: 1542 (last week 1538)
*	Patches in the Pending State: 654 (42%) [last week 656 (43%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule

 <https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at:
<https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status>
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you'd like to see on this
weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley

Yocto Project Project Manager

*    Cell:                (208) 244-4460

* Email:               <mailto:sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com>
sjolley.yp.pm at gmail.com