[yocto] PN is uppercase

Ralf Spiwoks spiwoks at cern.ch
Mon Apr 1 04:36:34 PDT 2019

Hi,

I am getting warning issues about the package name containing uppercase letters, e.g.

WARNING: QA Issue: PN: ... is upper case, this can result in unexpected behavior. [uppercase-pn]

And sometimes later, I am getting many errors like the following one:

ERROR: ...-1.0-r0 do_package_qa: QA Issue: /usr/bin/... contained in package ... requires libgcc_s.so.1, but no providers found in RDEPENDS_...?
[file-rdeps]

TWO questions:

1) Are those two issues related?

2) What is the logic behind allowing only lower case package names? This is to me
    a serious restriction on the use of Yocto.

Thanks for your help,

Ralf Spiwoks, CERN