[yocto] Yocto poky headless Pi 0 W - OTG /RNDIS

Outback Dingo outbackdingo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 23:45:31 PDT 2018

Headless Raspberry PI 0 W cant get OTG rndis up, i followed the guide and set
ENABLE_UART = "1"
ENABLE_DWC2_PERIPHERAL = "1"

current config is

MACHINE ??= "raspberrypi0-wifi"
SERIAL_CONSOLE = ""
ENABLE_UART = "1"
ENABLE_DWC2_PERIPHERAL = "1"
DISABLE_RPI_BOOT_LOGO = "1"
DISABLE_OVERSCAN = "1"
DISABLE_SPLASH = "1"
BOOT_DELAY = "0"
GPU_MEM_256 = "128"
GPU_MEM_512 = "196"
GPU_MEM_1024 = "396"
DISTRO_FEATURES_remove = "x11"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl"
PACKAGE_CLASSES = "package_ipk"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " chrony"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " linux-firmware-bcm43430 wpa-supplicant"
IMAGE_FSTYPES = "tar.bz2 ext4 rpi-sdimg"
SDIMG_ROOTFS_TYPE = "ext4"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL += "openssh"
DISTRO_FEATURES_append += "bluez5 bluetooth wifi"

as following the docs it stated
ENABLE_UART = "1"
ENABLE_DWC2_PERIPHERAL = "1"

for OTG, buut i dont seem to see any rndis on my laptop via thhe
second poort, Rasbian / DietPI work fine, so do i need to edit the
config.txt and cmdline.txt like in Raspbian? also do we need a ssh
file in boot as also with Raspbian ?

Edit the file config.txt and add dtoverlay=dwc2 on its own line at the end.
Edit the file cmdline.txt and add modules-load=dwc2,g_ether right
after it says rootwait

Thanks in Advance