[yocto] can't get header files from recipe included in SDK build

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Wed Sep 26 16:43:16 PDT 2018

I've got a recipe that I've created for a package that creates some .so libs and I'm having trouble getting the associated header files included in the SDK build.

The FILES lines that I have are:

FILES_${PN}-dbg = "/usr/src/debug/canfestival"
FILES_${PN}-dev = "/usr/lib/libcanfestival*.a /usr/include/canfestival/*.h"
FILES_${PN} = "/usr/lib/libcanfestival*.a /usr/lib/libcanfestival*.so"
#FILES_${PN} = "/usr/include/canfestival/*.h /usr/lib/libcanfestival*.so"

As you can see I have even tried to include the headers with the FILES_${PN} spec. The headers exist in the package/usr/include/canfestival directory, and also in the packages-split/canfestival-dev directory. But when I use the FILES_${PN} line with the headers in it the files don't end up in the packages-split/canfestival directory.

Despite the fact that the files exist in the packages-split/canfestival-dev directory they don't get transferred to the SYSROOT that is built by the SDK build.

I'm obviously missing something, any enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

I don't currently have the build set up to create any .a files so those are just ignored (I hope).

This is being built with Yocto 2.2.4 Morty.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg