[yocto] Is there a "yocto way" to rebuild sqlite amalgamation?

Henrik Lindblom henriklindblomster at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:27:22 PDT 2018

Alexander Kanavin <alex.kanavin at gmail.com> writes:

> These two are orthogonal. "amalgamation" is building sqlite from a
> single source file for performance and simplicity reasons, which is
> what yocto does as well, despite there being no mention of it in the
> recipe. Enabling or disabling specific sqlite features can be done
> regardless of whether amalgamation or original source code file bunch
> is in use.
>
> Alex

This is true for most features, but not necessarily for
SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT. Since said feature affects the
supported SQL syntax (e.g. "DELETE FROM foo LIMIT 1" results in a parse
error without the extension) the parser needs to be configured &
generated to support this. The amalgamated version contains a
preconfigured parser, which may or may not have been configured with
SQLITE_ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT. See
https://www.sqlite.org/howtocompile.html#building_the_amalgamation for
details. So the presence of the feature in the amalgamated sqlite3.c
really depends how the file was generated in the first place.

Cheers,
Henrik