[yocto] Adding nInvaders game package recipe

Mohamed Youseif MohamedYouseif at outlook.com
Thu Sep 20 02:00:11 PDT 2018

I had changed the source of my package, and create a new recipe for my package so it fetches from SourceForge, the new recipe does not inherit Autotools and modify the do_compile, do_install as following:
do_compile () {
      oe_runmake
}

do_install () {
      :
}

but i had modified the do_install task to add it to my image and now it is like this
do_install () {

      install -d ${D}${bindir}
      install -m 0755 nInvaders ${D}${bindir}
}

then i run "bitbake ninvaders" to check that all tasks will be passed but i got that error for do_package task

arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-objcopy:/home/yusuf/rpi/build/tmp_sumo_RPI/work/cortexa7hf-neon-vfpv4-poky-linux-gnueabi/ninvaders/0.1.1-r0/package/usr/bin/nInvaders: File format not recognized
ERROR: ninvaders-0.1.1-r0 do_package: Function failed: split_and_strip_files

Yusuf