[yocto] Using Dropbear - Core Image Sato

Randy MacLeod randy.macleod at windriver.com
Fri Sep 14 12:41:51 PDT 2018

On 09/06/2018 07:58 AM, Ayman Hassan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am part of a team based in Cairo, Egypt – working on a project and
> we’re still discovering Linux Features, I am currently running
>   core-image-sato on a virtual box,

Welcome to yocto. If you have access to IRC,
you can join #oe on Freenode to ask for help as well.

> and trying to connect to SSH server
> using Dropbear – but it’s not working – I get connection refused
> message. I couldn’t find tutorials to know how I can fix the problem.

Did you build your image for qemux86-64 instead and try to use runqemu?
As shown on:

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/brief-yoctoprojectqs/brief-yoctoprojectqs.html

That's a more common use case than VirtualBox in the Yocto community.

If you are determined to use VB:

Did you manage to ssh into an ubuntu image as a test?
If not, then you'll need VB docs not YP docs.

If ubuntu in VB works for you, then
   what's your build environment,
   ssh client, and
   branch of yocto: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Releases