[yocto] allarch class used in autoconf-archive recipe

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Sep 13 02:23:27 PDT 2018

Re-adding yocto@ to CC.

On 13 September 2018 at 09:42, Dudziak Krzysztof
<Krzysztof.Dudziak at gemalto.com> wrote:
> Myself does not address level of warnings. TBH I did not check how the warnings status is.
> Myself operates currently at recipe's level, no more.
> In lights of my understanding, which of course might still be wrong, there is conflict between
> recommendation made in reference manual and how this package implements its recipe.
> How to handle this situation?
>
> How to actually read Ross' answer? For me it's hard to find there answer to my question. Apologize please,
> I am not so deep in Yocto Project.

The documentation states:

"OpenEmbedded recipes that produce packages that depend on tunings
through use of the RDEPENDS and TUNE_PKGARCH variables, should never
be configured for all architectures using allarch."

autoconf-archive doesn't produce packages that depend on tunings
though RDEPENDS, so it can use allarch.

Ross