[yocto] [Question]: do_configure fail if cmake project is making use of ExternalProject

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 04:52:53 PDT 2018

Sadly, Yocto is not well equippped to deal with projects that download
stuff from the internet as a part of the build process. I'd say if
it's just one project, write a separate recipe for it, and build it
via that. Then install into the original recipe's sysroot or build dir
as needed, and make sure the project doesn't attempt to download it
anymore.

Alex