[yocto] [avahi] add service into rocko

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Wed Oct 31 05:57:28 PDT 2018

On 10/31/18 7:03 AM, Jairo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need to install an avahi service on rocko for (a node of) node-red.
>
> OK, I have an avahi_0.6.32.bb recipe at 'sources/poky/meta/recipes-
> connectivity/avahi/' which path is added at bblayers.conf file.
>
> but if I add the package at local.conf file like this:
>
> IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " avahi"
>
> when I try to make an image, bitbake can't find avahi
>
>     Collected errors:
>      * opkg_prepare_url_for_install: Couldn't find anything to satisfy
> 'avahi'.
>
> What I'm doing wrong?

The recipe name and the packages that you install are not (always)
the same thing.

i.e. in the recipe:

PACKAGES =+ "libavahi-gobject avahi-daemon libavahi-common libavahi-core
libavahi-client avahi-dnsconfd libavahi-glib avahi-autoipd avahi-utils"

So depending on the functionality that you want, you'd be installing
one or more of those packages to your image. (I'm betting you just
want avahi-daemon).

Bruce