[yocto] Yocto and Debian package repositories

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:21:34 PDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 30, 2018 at 8:14 AM Mauro Ziliani <mauro at faresoftware.it> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I often work with Debian and I build my own repository accessible with apt.
>
> I look that when I build the image recipe many deb pacakages are
> produced with Packages and Release ready.
>
> How can I use this pakcages to upload all packages to a Debian customer
> server?

So I am assuming you are thinking of installing these .debs onto a
debian base target
if so then its not quite the right direction. with OE build system we
can generate output packages
as ipks, rpms, debs and tarballs, its just another output format but
is not meant to be consumed
on rpm-like or deb-like linux systems which are built using non-OE
distros, because packages have
dependencies and sometimes version specific dependencies which may not
match between two ecosystems.