[yocto] Fetcher failure on mpfr 4.0.1

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Tue Oct 30 08:51:25 PDT 2018

I'm right now seeing a fetcher failure on mpfr-4.0.1.tar.xz

As far as mirrors I believe we rely on this through the inclusion of
poky.conf?

http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/

but we also add our own (PRE)MIRRORS in the conf files.  Regardless of the
project, it's not enough to rely on an external source.  But unfortunately I
found our own mirror was out-of-date and not updated and I have to look into
what's needed to fix.  (Our build agents generally cache the sources locally
 on disk as well, so that's why the network mirror is rarely hit.)

Now, looking at yoctoproject downloads above, the mpfr-4.0.1 tarball seems
missing there too.  This led me to two questions:

1.  First, is there a point to posting fetcher failures to this list or is
that just noise?

2. Nonetheless it led me ask what the normal situation is for updating the
yoctoproject.org mirror?  Maybe it's deliberately not done for the latest
master, only for released versions?  (Although thud branch now exists...)

Just for reference, looks like the mpfr recipe was updated on poky
master/thud at:

    470327eb1f5 (Khem Raj 2018-08-15)

Best Regards
- Gunnar