[yocto] adding own shell script to the image

Uwe Geuder jrswdnan22 at snkmail.com
Mon Oct 29 06:46:36 PDT 2018

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 3:28 PM Zolee K zoleelikesdebian-at-gmail.com  wrote:

> The error message:
>
> /home/..../recipes-z/testing/testing.bb: Unable to get checksum for testing
> SRC_URI entry testscript: *file could not be found*
> Which I don't understand, since the file is definitaly there:-(
> Could you please help me out with this?

Bitbake uses a search path to locate the files, see

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#var-FILESEXTRAPATHS

Either extend the path or move your file to a location on the path.

If you are unsure what your current search path is you can always check
from the output of

  bitbake -e <recipe-name>

Regards,

Uwe Geuder