[yocto] Using dpkg-buildpackage within Yocto image

Fabian Sturm f at rtfs.org
Thu Oct 25 09:26:54 PDT 2018

Hello,

I would like to be able to build debian packages on yocto itself. This means I would call something like this:

    dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -rfakeroot

This already does not work, since fakeroot does not exist in the image. It seems there was an older recipe for this but I can't find it in newer releases (sumo).

If I build without -rfakeroot as root user I get a step further but then I get:

    dpkg-checkbuilddeps: error: Unmet build dependencies: debhelper (>= 9) dh-systemd

I unfortunately could not find the right recipes which would provide those files. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Fabian

--
von unterwegs