[yocto] [qemu] How to use qemu in your testing cycle

Måns Zigher mans.zigher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 23:57:50 PDT 2018

Hi,

I am trying to wrap my head around how to incorporate qemu in our
test/development cycle. I am currently building machine genericx86-64
machine producing a SDK and a number of files. One of them are the
qemuboot.conf file but it have some path that is a relative path to the
work directory. I would like to be able to supply our application developer
a way to start a qemu instance and test out our application without having
them using bitbake. I assume this should be possible but not sure exactly
how to accomplish this? Any input would be appreciated so I can get started.

BR
Måns Zigher