[yocto] adding new layer

Zolee K zoleelikesdebian at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 06:36:31 PDT 2018

Hi,

I created a new layer, modified the conf file content according to the
decumentation:
# We have a conf and classes directory, add to BBPATH
BBPATH .= ":${LAYERDIR}"

# We have recipes-* directories, add to BBFILES
BBFILES += "${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bb \
            ${LAYERDIR}/recipes-*/*/*.bbappend"

BBFILE_COLLECTIONS += "saxo"
BBFILE_PATTERN_saxo = "^${LAYERDIR}/"
BBFILE_PRIORITY_saxo = "4"

I copied the proftpd folder with a working bbappend file into the meta-saxo
folder. But during bitbake I got an error massage:
Warning: No bb files matched BBFILE_PATTERN_saxo
'^/home/kz/oe-core/build/../stuff/meta-saxo/'

I played around with the priority without success.

Do you have any idea what am I doing wrong? I'd like to collect all my
modifications in 1 layer.

Thanks,

Zoli