[yocto] ARM Cross Compiler SDK Toolchain

Dhanush K.S dhanush.ks at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 06:57:57 PDT 2018

Hi Yocto,

I am running Yocto 2.5 (Poky Sumo) on the host system CentOS 7.1 to build
images for the target system ARM cortexa8 with a Target_FPU configured to
hard.

I would like to use a Cross Compiler SDK Toolchain in order to build the
images, as the current toolchain fails with a few recipes during
compilation due to missing include files.

I tried building the toolchain using "bitbake meta-toolchain", but
unfortunately that failed as well at do_generate_content_debug. But also,
as far as I understand this command builds the SDK with compilers for the
host system and not for the target system.

I would like to use a pre-built SDK, if one is available for ARM cortex A8
architecture. I have looked all around and haven't found one.

Could some Yocto Experts point me in the right direction? How can go about
finding a Cross Compiler Toolchain in order to overcome the compilation
errors.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards,

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,