[yocto] Bitbake Build Configurations

Dhanush K.S dhanush.ks at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 05:12:33 PDT 2018

Hi Yocto,

I have my bitbake environment set up on the host system CentOS 7 and
building images for the target ARM cortex A8 with the following BUILD
CONFIGURATION,

Build Configuration:
BB_VERSION           = "1.37.0"
BUILD_SYS            = "x86_64-linux"
NATIVELSBSTRING      = "universal-4.8"
TARGET_SYS           = "arm-poky-linux-gnueabi"
MACHINE              = "arm-cortex-a8"
DISTRO               = "poky"
DISTRO_VERSION       = "2.5"
TUNE_FEATURES        = "arm armv7a vfp neon callconvention-hard cortexa8"
TARGET_FPU           = "hard"
meta-networking
meta-python          = "master:45ee3c0e98bd3ed81419aaeae1e7324e486161a2"
meta-userbsp-ti
meta
meta-poky
meta-yocto-bsp
meta-user-common      = "<unknown>:<unknown>"
meta-oe              = "master:45ee3c0e98bd3ed81419aaeae1e7324e486161a2"

   1. What I don't understand is how exactly are these Variables set?
   2. For the NATIVELSBSTRING which should actually be displaying the HOST
   OS according to the Yocto Manual, isn't doing that. What could be the
   reason for that? (Earlier, with Poky Fido, this wasn't the case. It
   displays "CentOS-Linux-7.1.1503".)
   3. From where does Bitbake pull this information?
   4. Also how is the TARGET_FPU variable set?

Could someone please shed some light on this.

Thanks!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards,
Dhanush Keshava Reddy Soppahalli
Mob: +4915216144064