[yocto] archiver.bbclass: do_dumpdata - shell format

Tomasz Dziendzielski tomasz.dziendzielski at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 07:00:44 PDT 2018

Yes, I want to source the data files. I'm trying to adapt devtool the way
it's creating the workspace, then I'm sourcing a script with all the
necessary variables and then interactively run commands by hand.
I was thinking about the devshell but in devshell variables like ${S}, ${B}
are not set and developers would need to set it manually. Or maybe this is
where we should do the change and inject exporting that variables in
devshell?

>it's shell-like but not actually shell.
So we should not state that this can be sourced by a shell. It's stated in
bitbake/lib/bb/data.py few times.
Or fix it and make it possible to source.

Best regards,
Tomasz Dziendzielski