[yocto] Industrial IO drivers

Mathew K Tharakan mathewkunjumontharakan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 00:05:34 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm working on iMX6ULL evaluation kit. We are using the Yocto Project.

I was trying to interface a heart rate sensor with the processor. I
configured it as an IIO device and wrote a device driver for that.
All functionalities are working fine.

But I'm facing some timing issues in the system. I would like to Toggle one
GPIO on arrival of ADC Ready interrupts. It takes 50 - 120 usec to toggle.
Also, It follows different timings when the IIO trigger buffer is enabled.
I need to reduce this timing to less than 10usec. For that, I would like to
get more details about interrupt handling in IIO drivers.

I would like to know why this time delay occurs.

Thanks and Regards,
Mathew K Tharakan