[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Problem enabling w1-gpio

Andrei Gherzan andrei at gherzan.ro
Fri Oct 5 09:25:31 PDT 2018

Hi Markus,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018 at 4:28 PM Markus W <markus4dev at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm creating a yocto image (sumo) for the raspberrypi and got stuck on how
> to enable the one-wire interface on boot.
>
> I have enabled the SPI bus and I2C in my local.conf file.
>
> ENABLE_SPI_BUS = "1"
> ENABLE_I2C = "1"
>
> and checked that they are loaded on boot.
>
> I'm struggling to figure out where to set  "dtoverlay=w1-gpio" and how to
> enable the w1-gpio module on boot. The /boot/config.txt file doesn't exist
> by default after startup. If I create this file with the line above
> directly on the rpi and reboot it, the w1-gpio interface is still not
> enabled.

/boot when you run up the image is on the rootfs while the file you are
looking for is in the boot partition. You will need to mount (or set a boot
mount - fstab, systemd etc) the boot partition (p1) and you will see the
file afterwards. Alternatively, just mount the SD card's partitions on your
working station and modify the file offline.

---
Andrei