[yocto] Software upgrade tools: which?

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Thu Oct 4 07:09:44 PDT 2018

Hi all.

I'm looking for a good layer to add in my BSP to solve the problem of
upgrading the system and the application.

I'm working on a project the involves an imx6dlsabresd derived board and
Krogoth ver 15.0.3.

In the first versione the project used an x86-board and Ubuntu 14.04.
The update system choosed was deb/apt.

Due to quickly change of the main board to an imx6 with yocto, the
package-management is deb/apt even with Yocto.

I need to insert a set of system upgrade tools which can help to restore
the previous versions if something goes wrong during the update.
the update should be mainly by usb pendrive, but online is the next choice.

Can you suggest me some good tools to integrate?

Best regards,
  MZ