[yocto] [mono][msbuild][nuget] Building c# application for mono

Alberto Spin a.spin at datawatt.nl
Mon Oct 1 07:50:55 PDT 2018

Hello,

I'm trying to build my c# application for mono with yocto, by using nuget and msbuild.

I encountered several problems:

MsBuild:

  *   During the build of msbuild the cibuild.sh script is invoked. This script uses the tool 'curl' to download the msbuild.zip form Microsoft. This action failes with a certificate error because there are no certificates present. I fixed this issue with a bbappend script for msbuild which contains:
                DEPENDS += "ca-certificates"

Nuget:

  *   When trying to restore the packages for my c# application, the execution of Nuget fails because it has no certificates.
  *   Apparently NuGet is using the mono certificate store, because it fails to detect the certificates present in:  /recipe-sysroot-native/etc/ssl/certs
  *   I also verified that the mono certificate store is empty by issuing the command: certmgr -list -c Trust

I tried to extend the recipe that builds my c# application with a do_configure task, in which I'm trying to synchronize the mono certificate store with the ca-certifates.crt.
                cert-sync ${sysconfdir}/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

But the cert-sync tool somehow wants to use a path outside my build environment /usr/share/.mono, which fails with an access denied error.

Can anybody help me to get past this problem?

Kind Regards,

Alberto Spin

Branch: Rocko
Mono 5.4.1.6