[yocto] Git tool/command problems with YOCTO Open Source repos

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:42:19 PST 2018

> What can you not do with Yocto's git repositories?

Please, refer to my initial email. Not referring to Poky, I guess, the
Poky repo is equivalent to kernel.org. In other words, everything with
it can be done with git tool.

I am referring to many others, associated with github. Maybe it is
ONLY github, which does not support git tool in full extend.

So, as I said/wrote in the initial email. The concrete meta-bbb does
not support git tag, git describe.

Once I have no tags, I could not do anything with git log. And... You
can imagine.

Sorry for creating waves. No intent to offend anybody. Just a (strong) thought.

I guess, github has some significant problems supporting completely
git tool. Since I see that gitlab does support it (after reading, I
assume this is done for gitlab in full extend).

Peace!

Best Regards,
Zoran
_______