[yocto] Date/Time Update Without NTP

Donal Morrissey donal.morrissey at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 03:57:23 PST 2018

Hi There,

I'm using yocto sumo with systemd, and have an issue where I can't identify
which service is grabbing time from the ethernet based network.

If I start the unit without a network connection, the time is reported as
EPOC. As soon as I connect the network, the date/time is updated. However,
there isn't anything in the logs that I can see which tells details of the
service which has updated time. Also, the ntpd binary is not installed.

Is there a time service, other than NTP, which would typically be enabled
on Yocto builds?

Cheers,
Donal