[yocto] Autobuilder changes

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Nov 24 13:39:32 PST 2018

On Sat, 2018-11-24 at 07:40 -0700, akuster wrote:
> On 11/23/18 10:02 AM, Richard Purdie wrote:
> > We now run "a-quick" on master at 1am every day which will make
>
> What Time zone for 1am?

I'm not 100% sure but I think its UTC.

> > Building older releases is now broken until I sort out the
> > corresponding helper changes for those branches but one thing at a
> > time!
>
> Does that include Thud ? I expect sumo and below to be problems.
>
> Do the changes need to roll from newest to oldest  or are they
> independent? I was hoping to get Sumo tested using the original QA
> process to buy us time to get the automation working on it. Does this
> changes that ?

Good news is I've fixed the older releases now and run test builds to
check things. There were a couple of fixes needed but I've sorted those
and done a test artefact deployment too. This just updates everything
to use the new builder names.

The QA process is unchanged. If a given build generates a test report,
whichever release it is, it will be collected up but if not that is
also fine. This means we can opt in to the new code if/as/when we
backport anything. So we're good for sumo.

We do need to sort these gpg issues across various stable releases
though and probably tweak master too.

There were some test results ordering changes I'd be tempted to
backport just as they make reading the build logs so much easier...

Cheers,

Richard