[yocto] supplier workflow

Sat Nov 17 00:34:25 PST 2018

Hi,

I came across a scenario, which does not seem too strange, but I am not
sure how this can be handled with OE/YP. (just nasty hacks with SSTATE)

1) Company A provides an SDK to to Company B - no source code provided
2) Company B provides a "binary" back to Company A - no source code povided
3) Company A integrates this "binary" back into some project and
bitbakes the image

Ideally Company B does not just provide a "binary" executable/library,
but a package e.g. ipk.

Company A could provide an extensible SDK and Company B could create a
package of their stuff with it.

Now comes the question: "Is it possible for Company A to add a package
(no source code available) back into a project and bitbake this?
If yes, how?"

The advantage would be that Company B would be forced to bitbake it
(with the additional checks done by OE/YP) and not just compile
something somehow with a "classic" SDK and ship it.

Regards,

Robert