[yocto] QEMU kernel defconfigs

Jon Mason jdmason at kudzu.us
Thu Nov 15 09:29:04 PST 2018

I'm having difficulty determining where the kernel defconfigs are
defined and located.  I'm specifically looking for the qemuarm and
qemuarm64 kernel defconfigs.  I've looked at the relevant
documentation, https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#using-an-in-tree-defconfig-file
and
no SRC_URI with defconfig or KBUILD_DEFCONFIG_KMACHINE defined in
meta/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto_4.18.bb

What am I missing?

Also, "A defconfig file is simply a .config renamed to "defconfig"."
is not correct.  A properly created defconfig is created by `make
savedefconfig` and is a minimal file which only has the delta between
the desired config and defaults from the Kconfig files.
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/kernel-dev/kernel-dev.html#creating-a-defconfig-file

Thanks,
Jon