[yocto] How to let a kernel module depend on another kernel module ?

winfried.dobbe at xmsnet.nl winfried.dobbe at xmsnet.nl
Thu Nov 15 04:03:02 PST 2018

Hi all,

I am upgrading our BSP from Krogoth to Sumo. I have read the
documentation about the recipe-specific sysroots and this works fine for
normal recipes.
However I am stuck with upgrading the out-of-tree kernel module recipes.

We have kernel-module-foo and kernel-module-bar. The bar module needs
header files that foo module installs in usr/include/linux.
I added DEPENDS = "kernel-module-foo" to the recipe of module bar. The
recipe-sysroot directory for kernel-module-bar does indeed have the foo
include files.

However compilation of kernel-module-bar stops with an error because it
can't find the foo header files.

So does anyone know what is the correct way to let one out-of-tree
kernel module depend on another one?

thanks in advance,

Winfried