[yocto] m4-native, zedboard, "Please port gnulib fseeko.c to your platform"

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Wed Nov 14 01:52:17 PST 2018

Robert,

On Tue, 2018-11-13 at 15:28 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   been away from YP for a few months, diving back in, want to build a
> core-image-minimal for my zedboard, and i will first admit that i'm
> using a non-approved distro (fully-updated fedora 29):

[...]

> but i'm unsure (read, have no clue) how to deal with this

If upgrading Yocto/poky and layers is not an option for you, then building
in a container is the typical approach.  This isolates you from any host-
distro issues, since any distro can be used in the container.

Many just set up their own with a simple Docker file, but from what I
remember the CROPS project is one common project recommended in the past.
Here's a random starting point I found [1].

HTH,
- Gunnar

[1] https://www.yoctoproject.org/learn-items/cross-platform-enablement-for-t
he-yocto-project-with-containers/