[yocto] fb: switching to inteldrmfb from efi vga

Knoppix theknoppix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 01:30:45 PST 2018

yocto and meta-intel: 2.5.1/sumo
kernel=linux-yocto-4.15.18
machine=intel-corei7-64
distro=poky

the problem is:
when I boot the system it comes to this message and frozees: " fb:
switching to amdgpudrmfb from efi vga"

I searched a lot, there is a workaround to solve problem (add
nomodeset to grub params) but when i set this splash screen doesn't
work. (also someone on stackoverflow says when you do nomodeset you
cannot use graphical acceleration.)

There are a lot of old messages about this spesific problem which they
say "it is solved in new version of kernel" or "a new intel drm-fix
will solve" but I came accros the problem now.

Would you please advice me any tutorial to learn what's going on?

(Excuse me for my english, I am not native)