[yocto] so how does PACKAGECONFIG_remove really work?

Uwe Geuder jrswdnan22 at snkmail.com
Fri Nov 9 07:01:58 PST 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018 at 4:41 PM Burton, Ross ross.burton-at-intel.com  wrote:

> On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 14:36, Aditya Tayade <Aditya.Tayade at kpit.com> wrote:
> > Can any one please help me to understand PACKAGECONFIG_remove feature
> >

> > Let's take an example of systemd recipe as follows:
> >
> > PACKAGECONFIG ??= "vconsole"
> >
> > PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] = "-Dvconsole=true,-Dvconsole=false,,${PN}-vconsole-setup"
> >

> > Now how should we disable features set in PACKAGECONFIG[vconsole] using PACKAGECONFIG_remove from it's bbappend file?
>
> The _remove override removes a value from a variable. So this will
> remove 'vconsole' from the value of PACKAGECONFIG:
>
> PACKAGECONFIG_remove = "vconsole"

I also wondered quite a while in the past why such questions are not covered
by the Mega Manual.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/mega-manual/mega-manual.html

Once I had been told that the mega manual contains "everything". As matter of
fact that is not true. Basic syntax for bitbake (recipes and conf files) is
documented only in a separate Bitbake User Manual.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.5.1/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#removing-override-style-syntax

Regards,

Uwe Geuder
Neuro Event Labs Oy