[yocto] non-existent task do_package_write_ipk

Donal Morrissey donal.morrissey at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:34:30 PST 2018

Hi There,
I'm not able to inherit core-image into my recipe, when I do, I get the
following error:
ERROR: Task do_populate_sdk in .../poky/meta/recipes-core/images/
core-image-base.bb rdepends upon non-existent task do_package_write_ipk in
/home/donal/Projects/farkas/source/meta-my-platform/recipes-tools/system-scripts/
system-scripts.bb
ERROR: Command execution failed: 1

The reason I'm inheriting core-image, is so that I can append a command to
the ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND variable.

The following are the contents of my bb file:

SUMMARY = "Set of common platform tools."
DESCRIPTION = "..."
AUTHOR = "..."
LICENSE = "CLOSED"

inherit core-image

my_post_process_cmd() {
    touch ${IMAGE_ROOTFS}/test
}
ROOTFS_POSTPROCESS_COMMAND += " my_post_process_cmd;"

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you,
Donal