[yocto] [mono] AOT compile system assemblies into target image

Smith, Virgil (US) Virgil.Smith at flir.com
Thu Nov 8 14:20:00 PST 2018

Is there a way to configure meta-mono to ahead of time (AOT) compile the system assemblies for the target?
Specifically, I would like to not have to run the following on my targets.
sudo mono --aot /usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
for f in /usr/lib/mono/gac/*/*/*.dll; do sudo mono --aot "$f"; done

Presumably this would require a "mono-cross" recipe to build mono in cross compilation mode and setting up an environment in which running mono -aot found
the appropriate cross version of the assembler and linker; and a recipe that use the target sysroot files as input or extending the main mono recipe.

I've also posted this question to Stack Overflow in case someone here wants to gain some SO rep.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53213420/aot-compile-system-assemblies-using-yocto-meta-mono

---
The Yocto project maintainers and user community are the intended recipients of this message, and it is not subject to export restriction.

Notice to recipient: This email is meant for only the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a communication privileged by law, subject to export control restrictions or that otherwise contains proprietary information. If you receive this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and then destroy it and do not review, disclose, copy or distribute it. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.