[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW45’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Nov 6 07:58:07 PST 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.6 M4 is in QA.

Next Deadline: YP 2.6 M4 Release Target was Oct. 26, 2018

SWAT Team Rotation:

·         SWAT lead is currently: Chen

·         SWAT team rotation: Chen  -> Armin on Nov. 9, 2018

·         SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Paul on Nov. 16, 2018

·         https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·         YP 2.6 M4 rc1 is in QA, 95% completed, and the current status can be viewed at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/index.php?title=WW44_-_2018-10-30_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.6_M4_RC1

·         There are a number of good bug and CVE fixes queued in master-next which makes an rc2 possible although its likely these would merge to thud immediately after release instead due to how far behind schedule we now are.

·         A problem with the way the Yocto Project Compatibility tests are being run was identified as it was possible to fail the BSP compatibility tests if the machine option was specified. There is a fix for OE-Core in master-next but we need to likely improve the way the test is being run for that to ensure everyone is using it consistently.

·         At ELC-E/OEDEM, issues were mentioned to do with the completeness of the source mirror. Issues were identified by Michael and Richard and the source mirroring should be working properly again, including supporting http only builds. A new test has been added to the autobuilder to ensure this does not regress.

·         Patches are queuing up in master-next right now, ready for when we start taking patches for the 2.7 development cycle, but a number will also likely merge to the thud branch as they’re useful bug or CVE fixes.

Planned Releases for YP 2.6:

·         YP 2.6 M4 Build is in QA

·         YP 2.6 M4 Release Target was Oct. 26, 2018

Planned upcoming dot releases:

·         YP 2.4.4 (Rocko) will be targeted after YP 2.6 M4 is done.

·         YP 2.5.2 (Sumo) will be targeted after YP 2.4.4 is done.

Tracking Metrics:

·         WDD 2369 (last week 23867) (https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

·         Poky Patch Metrics

o    Total patches found: 1692 (last week 1690)

o    Percentage of patches in the Pending State: 739 (44%) [last week 739 (44%)]

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.6_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.6_Features

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.7_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.7_Features

The Status reports are now stored on the wiki at: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Weekly_Status

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•    Cell:                (208) 244-4460
• Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com