[yocto] Recipes documentation

Dimitris Tassopoulos dimtass at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 02:27:29 PST 2018

Hi all,

this is a proposal for a feature, I hope it's the right way to do it.

It would be nice if there would be a standard way to document recipes and
then be able to read this documentation from the command line. Something
like the man pages.

For example, there could be either a variable in the recipe (e.g. MAN = "")
or
maybe better an additional file so there's no much "noise" in the recipe.
For
example it would be nice if there was an optional file like
<recipe-name>.man
and there use preferably a markdown (or whatever) format to document the
recipe.

By documenting the recipe, I mean to have a short/long description how to
use
it properly or other valuable information.

As the yocto project gets bigger and more complicated, it would be nice if
there
was a facility like that.

There might be already and I'm not aware of that. In this case, can someone
please point me to the right direction?

Regards,
Dimitris