[yocto] 2.6 migration guide

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Sun Nov 4 19:32:26 PST 2018

On Wednesday, 31 October 2018 11:06:31 AM NZDT Scott Rifenbark wrote:
> I have an initial section at
> https://yoctoproject.org/docs/2.6/ref-manual/ref-manual.html#moving-to-the-yocto-project-2.6-release,
> which is based on Richard's input.  I am sure there are more items.

OK, so I have removed Richard's items from the wiki page (since they're now
in the manual) and added items I have gathered from reviewing all of the
git commits in the release. Let me know if you need clarification on anything
- everyone else, let us know if I missed or messed up something.

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/FutureMigrationGuide

BTW I think the section on postinstalls (from Richard's input) is a little terse
and needs expansion - most importantly it needs to describe what actions the
user might need to take. I'll take care of this on review if nobody else does.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton