[yocto] [Yocto][Rocko] conflicts with clang libraries

david@lapinbilly.eu david at lapinbilly.eu
Wed May 30 07:57:43 PDT 2018

hello

With the help of yocto/rocko, I m writing recipes to build an image that should provide an opencl stack on top of "beignet".

https://cgit.freedesktop.org/beignet/

started from here:
https://github.com/intel/intel-iot-refkit/tree/master/meta-refkit-computervision/recipes-opencl

Thus this requires clang to build, I included the meta-layer, from

https://github.com/kraj/meta-clang

in the configuration.

-->

I am facing conflicts between clang c++ library and libunwind.

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide libunwind:
  /home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/libcxx_git.bb
  /home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-support/libunwind/libunwind_1.2.bb
A list of tasks depending on these providers is shown and may help explain where the dependency comes from.
/home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-support/libunwind/libunwind_1.2.bb has unique dependees:
  /home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-core/packagegroups/packagegroup-core-tools-profile.bb:do_build
  /home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/perf/perf.bb:do_prepare_recipe_sysroot
  /home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/perf/perf.bb:do_build
  /home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-kernel/perf/perf.bb:do_package
/home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/libcxx_git.bb has unique dependees:
  /home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/clang_git.bb:do_package
  /home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/clang_git.bb:do_prepare_recipe_sysroot
  /home/marec/poky/meta-msdk-stack/recipes-multimedia/beignet/beignet_1.3.2.bb:do_build
  /home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/clang_git.bb:do_build
It could be that one recipe provides something the other doesn't and should. The following provider and runtime provider differences may be helpful.
/home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/libcxx_git.bb has unique provides:
  libcxx
/home/marec/poky/meta-clang/recipes-devtools/clang/libcxx_git.bb has unique rprovides:
  libcxx
  libcxx-dbg
  libcxx-doc
  libcxx-staticdev
  libcxx-locale
  libcxx-dev
  ^libcxx-locale-.*
/home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-support/libunwind/libunwind_1.2.bb has unique provides:

/home/marec/poky/meta/recipes-support/libunwind/libunwind_1.2.bb has unique rprovides:
  libunwind-doc
  libunwind-dev
  ^libunwind-locale-.*
  libunwind-staticdev
  libunwind-locale
  libunwind-dbg

<--

I do not intend to use Clang as a primary or secondary tool-chain.
- I already setup icc as secondary tool-chain -

Any clue to solve this ?

--
David Marec