[yocto] connman and dhcp

Mauro Ziliani mauro at faresoftware.it
Sat May 19 15:55:21 PDT 2018

Hi all.

I'm working with connmanctl, a dongle wifi EDIMAX EW-7881UN with
imx6dlsabresd, yocto Krogoth.

By connmanctl I can authenticate the pc, and set the connection for dhcp
ip assignment.

The device is recognize as wlan0.

connmanctl>  connect wifi_XXXXXX

OK

After I try to switch to manual ip, and it works . The new setup is
active after some second.

connmanctl> config wifi_XXXXXX --ipv4 manual ip netmask gw

Then I try to return with dhcp assignment

connmanctl> config wifi_XXXXXX --ipv4 dhcp.

After this sequence when I return to dhcp option, The ip isn't renewed
anymore

I stay with the ip 169.254.86.142

It seems that when I come back to dhcp setup, the dhcp server doens't
answer, or connman doesn't send dhcp request.

Any idea?

MZ