[yocto] Wrong file's ownership in rootfs.

Grzegorz Mierzejewski mierzejewskigrzegorz at o2.pl
Fri May 11 04:42:39 PDT 2018

Hello all,   I have the following problem concerning the file's ownership.  In my recipe I install the new file to rootfs and change it's ownership in do_install function:  do_install () {      install -p -m 644 file1 ${D}/      chmod 777 ${D}/file1      chown ${USER_DUMMY} ${D}/file1  }   USER_DUMMY is properly created with useradd class.  Thing is, that file1 in rootfs do not have the proper ownership - it is instead owned by root.   I've checked the pseudo/files.db in recipe's temp folder and ownership is proper.  Also, "bitbake my_package -c devshell" shows proper ownership (as it uses files.db).  But, the same thing done in image's temp folder results in bad (root) ownership.   Of course, it happens in modified Jethro delivered by vendor.   Everything works fine on official Jethro for Wandboard.   Could anyone please give me some hints on what to look for as a root-cause of such behavior?  Or at least describe the process of generating the files.db for image?  Is it generated based on each package's files.db?   Any help and hints would be appreciated.   Best regards,  Grzegorz.