[yocto] Check IMAGE_FEATURES content in recipe

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu May 10 17:04:13 PDT 2018

On Friday, 11 May 2018 3:06:11 AM NZST Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
> On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 10:22:34AM +0100, Burton, Ross wrote:
>
> >$ bitbake image-foo image-bar
> >
> >image-foo and image-bar both contain recipe-flob.  recipe-flob will be
> >built *once* to generate the packages, and those packages used to build
> >both images.  If image-foo is read-only and image-bar is read/write, the
> >*same packages* will be reused.  recipe-flob has no idea that foo is
> >read-only and bar is read/write because the IMAGE_FEATURES assignments are
> >specific to those image recipes.
>
> When dealing with a somewhat similar problem, what I've done is
> that my-recipe.bb generates two packages (my-package-a,
> my-package-b) and the images select which of the two packages
> they want to use.

Right, that's another solution.

FYI I have covered these in the technical FAQ:

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Technical_FAQ#How_do_I_change_how_my_recipe_is_built_depending_on_what_image_I.27m_building.3F

(One day we'll figure out how to place this somewhere where people can more
easily find it).

Cheers,
Paul

--