[yocto] How to create a build for ARM Cortex-A8, S5PV210

Andre McCurdy armccurdy at gmail.com
Wed May 9 21:27:15 PDT 2018

On Tue, May 8, 2018 at 1:38 PM, Denis <info at denisgottardello.it> wrote:
> Hi. I'm new to yocto. So I have followed a tutorial and now I have crewated
> my first yocto distro for i386.
>
> Now I need to create a build for my device. It is a Samsung S5PV210 device,
> Cortex A8.
>
> Here there is a description
>
> http://www.friendlyarm.net/products/mini210
>
> Can someone suggest me how to setup the yocto build for this target?

Start by creating a machine config. That could initially be very
minimal, for example, just:

  require conf/machine/include/tune-cortexa8.inc

might be enough to build a toolchain and a minimal rootfs image with
command line tools which will run on your board (if the board comes
with a pre-built kernel then you may be able to use the pre-built
kernel to run the OE rootfs - just for an initial test).

Next step would be to create a kernel recipe, so that you can create a
complete kernel + rootfs with OE.

After that, add recipes for any components which are machine specific
but are not part of the kernel (e.g. out of tree kernel driver
modules, etc).