[yocto] Native curl and SSL CA certificates

Iván Castell icastell at nayarsystems.com
Tue May 8 23:29:24 PDT 2018

But I am not fetching nor installing packages over the network during image
creation. I just build an image using local recipes (standard procedure).
One of those local recipes sets up a remote repository for rpm packages
(adding /etc/yum.repos.d/yocto-adv-rpm.repo to the final image). The
purpose of that remote repository is using it to update rpm packages on
target devices when they are running in production.

In fact, I don't understand why yocto needs to synchronize that cache for
'yocto-adv-rpm' repo during build time. It doesn't have any sense for me.
But the fact is that when the ca-certificates.crt is properly installed,
the build process ends fine. If that file is not properly installed, the
build process fails with the error reported in my previous message.