[yocto] QT5.8 -qtwebengine SDK generation fails

Chinthamol CS. Chinthamol.CS at nestgroup.net
Sun May 6 23:18:00 PDT 2018

Hi,

We are using a i.MX8 board and we need to develop QT application based on qtwebengine. QT version used here is 5.8.

We are using QT Creator with an external tool chain. we have to populate the SDK out of our yocto image.

When we start to include qtwebengine to the packagegroup-qt5-toolchain-target.bb, we are getting errors. This step is required as otherwise the qtwebengine binary will be missing in the SDK and QT Creator will complain about that.
We are using the imx-morty branch with Kernel Version  as 4.9.51of the i.MX yocto BSP.

The problem can be triggered with either "bitbake -c populate_sdk image-name" or with "bitbake meta-toolchain-qt5".

Error log is attached with this email. We really cannot find the reason why.

Any tips for how to proceed?

Below mentioned link says, Use webkit instead of webengine.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/473203#

Anyway we have to use qtwebengine for web browsing, not qtwebkit.. Please provide one solution to resolve this issue.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Chintha

Confidentiality Statement / Disclaimer : This message and any attachments is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient. It may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or modification is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately then delete it from all your systems, and do not copy, use or print. Internet communications are not secure and it is the responsibility of the recipient to make sure that it is virus/malicious code exempt.

The company/sender cannot be responsible for any unauthorized alterations or modifications made to the contents. If you require any form of confirmation of the contents, please contact the company/sender. The company/sender is not liable for any errors or omissions in the content of this message.