[yocto] ROOTFS_RPM_DEBUG undocumented

Alexander Kanavin alexander.kanavin at linux.intel.com
Thu May 3 06:03:40 PDT 2018

On 05/03/2018 01:42 PM, Paulo Neves wrote:
> # Add ROOTFS_RPM_DEBUG to the documentation;

I'd rather get rid of it, the less variables the better :)

> # Detect if we are running with debug output and enable the debugging
> output. This is the most elegant solution but I do not know how to
> detect if debug log level is turned on;

I don't think you are meant to detect that; bitbake's debug level is not
meant to affect what is being printed, but merely whether it's printed
or discarded.

> # Have dnf always print in verbose mode and print the output to
> bb.debug instead of bb.note.

I think this is the best solution actually.

> I am happy to provide a patch upon decision or suggestions.

Thank you :) Do measure the performance before and after as we don't
want to introduce a significant slowdown here.

Alex