[yocto] Avoiding both GPLv3 and meta-gplv2 ?

Irving ST irving at ssfivy.com
Wed May 2 06:53:30 PDT 2018

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 7:01 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> On 2 May 2018 at 01:41, Andre McCurdy <armccurdy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 4:59 PM, Paul Eggleton
>> <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:

>>> Apart from "disable ptest" as Ross pointed out, I would assume that's all
>>> there is to it - but right now aside from asking here there's really no way
>>> for someone to know that that's the best available way of handling it, so I
>>> think it's worth documenting somewhere.
>>
>> Yes, OK. I hadn't realised ptest is enabled by default in poky (!?!).
>>
>>   http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/meta-yocto/commit/?id=9381b2d2bddf9f67cf57b0718cf99e45805125fa
>
> Poky is primarily a vehicle for testing the Yocto Project software, so
> it follows that it enables ptest for QA purposes.
>
> Ross

Hi all,

Thank you for your help and explanations. Unfortunately just removing
ptest doesn't make it build.
This is the error when I tried bitbake core-image-minimal:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'readline' (but
/home/irving/srcgit/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3_3.5.5.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
readline was skipped: it has an incompatible license: GPLv3+
NOTE: Runtime target 'nativesdk-dnf' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['nativesdk-dnf',
'nativesdk-librepo', 'nativesdk-python3', 'python3', 'readline']
NOTE: Runtime target 'nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host' is unbuildable,
removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
['nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host', 'nativesdk-dnf',
'nativesdk-librepo', 'nativesdk-python3', 'python3', 'readline']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-minimal' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-minimal',
'nativesdk-packagegroup-sdk-host', 'nativesdk-dnf',
'nativesdk-librepo', 'nativesdk-python3', 'python3', 'readline']

This is the error when I tried bitbake core-image-base:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'gdbm' (but
/home/irving/srcgit/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/python/python3_3.5.5.bb,
/home/irving/srcgit/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/perl/perl_5.24.1.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
gdbm was skipped: it has an incompatible license: GPLv3
NOTE: Runtime target 'gdb-cross-canadian-i586' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
['gdb-cross-canadian-i586', 'nativesdk-python3', 'python3', 'gdbm']
NOTE: Runtime target 'packagegroup-cross-canadian-qemux86' is
unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was:
['packagegroup-cross-canadian-qemux86', 'gdb-cross-canadian-i586',
'nativesdk-python3', 'python3', 'gdbm']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-base' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-base',
'packagegroup-cross-canadian-qemux86', 'gdb-cross-canadian-i586',
'nativesdk-python3', 'python3', 'gdbm']

Since doing this seems trickier than I expected then I might have to
develop with meta-gplv2 for now and revisit this at a later date.

Regards,
Irving