[yocto] ClamAV PCRE support

Anuj Mittal anuj.mittal at intel.com
Fri Mar 30 03:16:29 PDT 2018

Hi Tom,

On 03/29/2018 11:29 PM, Tom Gibson wrote:

>     When I run clamscan on our board I get a number of errors of the
>     form “logical signature for … uses PCREs but support is disabled,
>     skipping” so the solution would appear to be to add PCRE support. In
>     the ClamAV bitbake recipe I see there is a PACKAGECONFIG variable
>     for PCRE, so to test if this is the solution I have added the
>     following to my local.conf:
>

>     PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-clamav = “ pcre”
>

>     and have also added “ libpcre2” before “clamav” in the IMAGE_INSTALL
>     as above.

This shouldn't be necessary, PACKAGECONFIG adds DEPENDS on libpcre when
pcre is enabled and only of two should be required.

>     Unfortunately when I run bitbake I now get a configure error similar
>     to the following:
>

>     configure: error: cannot locate libpcre2 or libpcre at
>     <builddir>/tmp/work/armv7a-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/clamav/0.99.3-r0/recipe-sysroot/usr/lib

This is happening because clamav is looking for pcre-config (uses it to
find pcre paths) and it's not able to locate it ...

Even if you do get around this error by passing the path to configure,
using binconfig files to evaluate paths has been disabled in OE-core layer.

So, you will have to fix the configure/pcre.m4 file in clamav to do this
using .pc file from libpcre instead.

Thanks,
Anuj