[yocto] [wic.qcow2] qemu-system-x86-64 booting qcow2 image stalls

Tan, Raymond raymond.tan at intel.com
Tue Mar 27 06:59:26 PDT 2018

Hi Anuj,

Thanks for the tip, I tried the following
	runqemu core-image-sato-sdk wic.qcow2 => failed with same issue, stalling at "booting from hard disk..."
	runqemu core-image-sato-sdk => pass, boots and system usable

While 2nd works, but checking the log, it's actually running the kernel and ext4 as specific param to qemu-system-x86-64, and not using the wic.qcow2 image.
I was wondering, how should wic.qcow2 be used? Should the user somehow extract the image into different portions and load with qemu-system-x86-64?
Or perhaps there's further setting needed during the build that I missed?