[yocto] Quick hack for compiling old and outdated YOCTO Jethro for Renesas iwg20m

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 10:03:12 PDT 2018

Hello Tom,

> This is your biggest warning and source of problems. If you have
> to work with an old version of Yocto, you need to setup a
> VM/chroot/whatever of a supported at that time host distribution.

Jozef was right, and you were iron right, just straight to the middle.
So I decided to listen to your advice, and to build aside VBox VM
environment. I have chosen Fedora 23 server, built the VBox VM with
Fedora 23, and the initial issue disappeared.

But another issue appeared. It is somehow described very well here,
and many people at the same time had this problem:
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/pipermail/yocto/2015-February/023624.html

I then continued to search, and found the following:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37475222/ncurses-6-0-compilation-error-error-expected-before-int

I did this: export CPPFLAGS="-P", but this did not help. Then I
advanced gcc to F25 package (6.4.1), it did not help either. Advancing
to Fedora 26 (7.3) revamped/resurfaced the original problem, so I did
regress gcc back to Fedora 24 version (6.3.1).

What could be the problem here?

Thank you,
Zoran
_______