[yocto] [RFC] Priority Settings Between Layers

Stephano Cetola stephano.cetola at linux.intel.com
Wed Mar 21 08:57:20 PDT 2018

We're updating our manuals and I want to be sure the information we are
providing is correct. Here is the section in question:

TIP
Ordering and BBFILE_PRIORITY for the layers listed in BBLAYERS matter.
For example, if multiple layers define a machine configuration, the
OpenEmbedded build system uses the last layer searched given similar
layer priorities. The build system works from the top-down through the
layers listed in BBLAYERS.

Is this accurate? I have tested this with a simple machine config
example but I want to be sure I am not missing anything. Also, I'm
assuming this holds true for all configurations, not just machine.

Cheers,
Stephano